Join the Fitness Center!
If you are interested in joining the Fitness Center, please contact Coordinator Courtney Johnston at 617-730-2106 or email@example.com. Courtney’s hours are: Mondays from 11:30am-4:00pm, Tuesdays from 11am-4:30pm, Wednesdays 12:30pm-4:30pm and Thursdays from 10:30am-4:30pm
Becoming a Fitness Center Member is EASY!
- Click here to access and print the application
- Return the completed application to Courtney Johnston at the Senior Center
- Courtney will then fax a medical clearance form to your primary care doctor to confirm any workout restrictions for you
- Once Courtney receives the completed medical clearance form from your doctor, she will call to schedule an assessment appointment with you
- There is a one-time $35 fee for this initial assessment
- After that, pay a $35 monthly fee which will allow you to use the Fitness Center during business hours
- A limited number of scholarships are available so please inquire with Courtney
What are the Fitness Center Membership Benefits?
- Use of all Fitness Center equipment Monday to Friday 8:30 am – 4:30 pm (except holidays)
- Priority registration for Sharon Devine’s classes
- Consultation with the Fitness Center Coordinator, Courtney Johnston. Courtney is a certified personal trainer, group fitness instructor and nutrition coach. She has experience working with a variety of clients including those who have multiple sclerosis, blindness, anxiety/depression, and history of strokes. Courtney is available by appointment at firstname.lastname@example.org for training and for equipment instruction.
- Have fun while getting fit!
Come Exercise With Us!
Each weekday we offer some great exercise classes. Click the classes below to learn more about each class and what days and times they are offered!
Exercise Classes With Sharon Devine!
Sharon Devine is teaching the following weekly classes in the Fitness Center. All classes include some activities for flexibility, strengthening, stretching, and balance. Click on each of classes below to learn more about each class and when they are offered.
- Exercises for Aching Joints
- Building Balance Skills (Tuesdays and Thursdays)
- Building Balance Skills (Wednesdays)
- Chair Yoga
- Exercises for Hand and Foot Mobility
Space is limited so register with Sharon by calling 617-454-4985
Free Blood Pressure Clinic at the Health Department
On the first Wednesday of each month from 2:00‐3:00pm the Brookline Health Department will be checking blood pressures at 11 Pierce Street. When you arrive, please ring the doorbell for the public health nurse. For more information, please call 617-730-2320
Ask a Geriatrician
In our monthly newsletter, Dr. Suzanne Salamon, Chief Associate of Clinical Geriatrics at Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, answers your general questions about aging and geriatric medicine. Editor’s note: If you have questions for Dr. Salamon, e‐mail them to email@example.com or call 617‐730‐2790.
3rd Edition Ask a Geriatrician Books
We are pleased to announce that FREE copies of the third edition of “Ask a Geriatrician” are available at the Brookline Senior Center’s help desk. This bound compilation includes all of Dr. Suzanne Salamon’s “Ask a Geriatrician” columns that have appeared this year in The Brookline Beacon Newsletter, as well as updated articles. Each professional column addresses topics and readers’ questions ranging from Abdominal Aortic Aneurism to Vitamin D usage, helping to make medical information less confusing and daunting. For over a decade Dr. Suzanne Salamon has shared her professional expertise and thanks to the generosity of donors and sponsors, we are able to distribute this compilation of articles without cost, and provide older adults with significant health information. Promoting healthy aging is an essential part of BSC’s mission. and we welcome this opportunity to provide our community with this wonderful book that encourages health and wellness.
Inquiries for the electronic version of this publication can be made through our help desk at 617-730-2770.